Brief History

  • "Raines Chapel" was organized August 16, 1946 by district pastor S.B. Webb,
  • There were seven charter members: Dorothy Jennings, Leona Raines, Willie Raines Sr, Pauline Raines, Lee Raines, Nellie Raines and Lottie Welch.
  • In the beginning services were held at the home of Lee Raines, later moving to the old Union Hall building. 
  • In 1959 the lot at 618 First Street was purchased and the name was changed to "New Albany Church of God".
  • The church on First Street was sold October 5, 2006.